Page Last Updated: Oct 4, 2016
The next meeting of the AOA Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA) will be held on Friday, Dec. 2; Saturday, Dec. 3; and Sunday, Dec. 4 in Chicago.
Review of accreditation activities will begin on Dec. 2 at 1 p.m. CST. The following accreditation items are on the agenda:
Focused site visit reports:
• New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine – additional location in Jonesboro, Arkansas
• Ohio University-Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine – additional location in Dublin, Ohio
• Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine – parent campus in New York, and additional location in Middletown, New York
Pre-accreditation site visit report:
• Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (proposed) in Meridian, Idaho
Substantive change request:
• Ohio University-Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine - Curriculum
The COCA will also review progress reports; discuss proposed changes to the COCA standards; consider nominations to Evaluators Registry; review class size data, and 2018 site visit schedule.
Some of these agenda items are eligible for Third Party Comments. Detailed information about third-party testimony and procedures for its submission may be found in the section titled “Third Party Comments.”
For more information about this meeting, including a request to present written third-party testimony, please contact the Secretary to the Commission: Alissa Craft, DO, MBA, Vice President, Accreditation; American Osteopathic Association; 142 East Ontario St.; Chicago, IL 60611; phone (312) 202-8124; fax (312) 202-8209; email firstname.lastname@example.org.