On March 8, 2012, the National Osteopathic Advocacy Center (NOAC) was dedicated at a reception attended by leaders of the profession and the osteopathic community. The center occupies the entire fifth floor of a building in downtown Washington, D.C. Its features include:
State-of-the-art technology, including four 100-inch projection screens, two 70-inch LCD TVs, and HD video and audio conferencing capabilities.
Throughout the NOAC are representations of the osteopathic profession and its founder, A.T. Still, MD, DO. The conference center doors detail the timeline of osteopathic medicine, beginning with the birth of Dr. Still in 1828 and ending with the dedication of the center. The lobby is dedicated to Marcelino Oliva, DO, who tirelessly served the osteopathic medical profession at the local, state and national levels for nearly 50 years.
In addition to the conference center, the NOAC contains offices for the Government Relations staff, offices for visiting osteopathic physicians and the AOA president, as well as an osteopathic manipulative treatment (OMT) room. Many supporters of the osteopathic medical profession have contributed to the NOAC through various means, including naming opportunities, the Wall of Honor and the Oliva Lobby. View the NOAC floor plan.