This e-alert was sent to AOA members on Oct. 13, 2010:
The AOA and many osteopathic specialty societies and affiliates are teaming up in San Francisco for the 115th Annual Osteopathic Medical Conference & Exposition, known as OMED 2010 Unified, Oct. 24-28, 2010. Don't miss out!
Are you wondering what kinds of programs are open to students or how you should plan your schedule? We have you covered! Download the Student Guide to OMED 2010 Unified (PDF), which highlights programs and events that are of particular interest to osteopathic medical students.
- SOMA member workshops on financial planning, applying to residency, suturing, OMT, and more
- Seminars on Palliative Care, Women's Health and HIV/AIDS
- Residency Fair, hosted by SOMA and featuring over 20 programs
- "The Future of Osteopathic Medicine: Education, Leadership & Initiative" student seminar, hosted by the Council of Osteopathic Student Government Presidents
- "Still Fit for Life" 5k Fun Run
- Programs hosted by more than 20 different specialty groups
- FORE YOU Golf Tournament, hosted by the Advocates for the American Osteopathic Association
Not only will OMED 2010 Unified be a learning experience, but it's fun and FREE for osteopathic medical students! There will be plenty of social events and networking opportunities, so if you haven't registered yet – Register today!